WIP 01 - Legend Adventure Game Editor

Neuron Games activity blog.

Moderators: Randell of Neuron, Cathy of Neuron

WIP 01 - Legend Adventure Game Editor

PostPosted by Randell of Neuron » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:19 pm

In an effort to document the development of the first point and click adventure we are making, I have to go back in time a little and document what has already been developed.

Game Editor
In January 2014 while finishing Megaloptura, I committed myself to the idea of creating an adventure game. I believed so strongly in this endeavor, that I knew that this will not be the one and only that we will make :) So I decided to create a WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) game editor. I looked at other adventure game editors such as AGS and Adventure Game Creator, but didn't really like any of them. So I decided to make one to the specifications we wanted. This is pretty involved, but not as much as other things I've had to develop (Hammer Pixie was a nightmare compared to this). So the Legend editor was born with the Legend plugin for our Cortex game engine. Cortex already has the capability of building any type of game you can imagine from full blown 3D to 2D games. However, I wanted to make a seamless process with the most minimal of code each time we make one. So all the additional code needed for an adventure game is all in the plugin.

Here is the first preliminary shot of the Legend editor from April 2014. It has since been completed and quite a bit more extensive. (PS at the time I hadn't created any content so I just grabbed an image from the web as a game backdrop )

~Randell Trulson
Randell the awesome
Neuron Games, Inc.

Image Image Image Image
Randell of Neuron

Return to Blog