Netflix vs HBO Now

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other categories or anything you want.

Moderators: Randell of Neuron, Cathy of Neuron

Netflix vs HBO Now

PostPosted by Cathy of Neuron » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:29 am

We've had Netflix streaming for a while now and are pretty happy with it. They have much better content than Amazon Prime or Hulu does in my opinion. However, now that you can subscribe to HBO without having cable or satellite we're tempted to switch over to HBO. When we had satellite we loved HBO. We were rarely disappointed with anything HBO had to offer. We missed having HBO after we got rid of Dish Network but we weren't willing to pay the ridiculous prices you have to pay just to get HBO because we didn't really care about any of the other channels they "gave" you with the subscription. Now that you can get HBO without having a satellite or cable subscription we're tempted to jump ship and go with HBO. <sigh> I guess we'll have to mull it over some more before we make a decision.
Cathy of Neuron
Site Admin

Re: Netflix vs HBO Now

PostPosted by Randell of Neuron » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:41 pm

One thing I have noticed with Netflix (streaming) is they don't have any of the super good movies. If a movie won an oscar the odds are it won't be on Netflix, while HBO plays everything. However, the quantity of items to choose seems smaller, but when it comes right down to it we only like about 5% of what Netflix streaming has to offer.
Randell the awesome
Neuron Games, Inc.

Image Image Image Image
Randell of Neuron

PostPosted by Cathy of Neuron » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:49 am

The HBO Now app in iTunes doesn't get very good ratings. I think we'll wait for a while until they work out all of the kinks and bugs. Maybe in 6 months or so they'll have the app working better.
Cathy of Neuron
Site Admin

PostPosted by Randell of Neuron » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:03 pm

It's my understanding that it buffers a lot.
Randell the awesome
Neuron Games, Inc.

Image Image Image Image
Randell of Neuron

Return to Whatever